Why work here?
- MANCOSA’s vision is to be the leading distance education provider that is responsive to the evolving education and training needs of dynamic economies
- Our mission is to provide innovative education that meets the demands of both the public and private sectors in South Africa and internationally
- MANCOSA forms part of Africa’s first and largest Pan-African network of private higher education institutions called Honoris United Universities
- We recognise that we only achieve our goals through our people. Our people are our greatest assets who play a critical role in achieving business goals
- Employees form part of ongoing engagement sessions and participate in annual climate surveys as their inclusion and perspectives is crucial in enhancing work-life balance and ensuring employee satisfaction
- All staff have access to unlimited online LinkedIn Learning training for continuous development
- We offer a staff bursary programme for tertiary education
- We host regular wellness and soft skills sessions and offer on-the-job training
- Staff are afforded 10 days’ of study leave per year and we encourage our employees to further their education
- In-house counselling is conducted by a registered Counselling Psychologist and is available to all employees at no charge as part of our Employee Wellness offering
- Staff also have access to domestic violence leave
- We pride ourselves in our infrastructure and all our premises are modern, stylish, clean and secure
- At MANCOSA we focus on enterprise digitalization and we are dedicated to keeping up to date with relatable technologies to maintain and enhance service delivery and teaching excellence
- Our Durban premises boasts the newly developed iTeach Lab that provides advanced methods to teaching and learning, some of which include 3D printing, coding and robotics
What is important to us?
- Integrity - Complying with moral and ethical principles; showing consistency between words and action; acting with the greater good in mind
- Respect – Recognising the dignity of every individual; treating all people with courtesy, consideration, appreciation and high regard
- Excellence – Always delivering a high quality of work and driving continuous improvement
- Service to the Customer – Striving to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations
- Diversity – Continually facilitating inclusion and welcoming diversity in people, ideas and perspectives
- Lifelong Learning – Continually improving our knowledge and skills
We strive to ensure that our employees’ experience at work is aligned with these values.
How do employees describe us as an employer?
MANCOSA is a private higher education institution registered in terms of the Higher Education Act (Act 101 of 1997 as amended). It was established in 1995 as a post-apartheid empowerment institution offering affordable and accessible management education primarily to persons previously denied access to postgraduate education.
During the past 25 years, MANCOSA has developed a large footprint across the Southern African Development Community and has accumulated extensive experience in meeting the educational needs of a wide range of students through the delivery of high-quality programmes through traditional distance learning.
Notwithstanding the many successes over the last two decades MANCOSA has been mindful of the various trends in higher education namely, the changing landscape of education, the way education is designed and presented, the way learning takes place, the role of the employer in signalling skills and attributes required for a changing world of work, the way education is quality managed, the impact of emerging and cost effective technology on education and the increasing discernment of students.
As an institution which constantly seeks to improve its education offering and to remain relevant MANCOSA has arranged meetings, brainstorming sessions, and focus groups with multiple stakeholders to examine its education impact, its teaching, learning and assessment strategy, feedback from students and evaluation of their experience, and a review of its operations.
|Established in South Africa as post-apartheid empowerment institution|
|Received accreditation from the Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC)|
|2014||Reach 10,000 enrolled student|
|2017||Joined Honoris University Group|
|2018||MBA achieve Top 10 in Africa Status|
Our strategic direction for 2020 – 2023 is to drive the following:
- Enterprise digital transformation
- Academic excellence
- Student success