Lecturer: Financial Accounting and Management
- The successful candidate will be appointed to offer their Accounting expertise to ensure overall academic delivery of the Accounting programmes
- Conduct lectures Online webinars and Face-to-Face lectures (when required)
- Responsible for design, development and maintenance of teaching and learning material and deliver either across a range of modules or within a subject area material (where relevant), including on-line and web-based materials.
- Use appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods.
- Designing assessments, setting, marking, and grading assessments, and giving students feedback are all parts of assessment preparation.
- Ongoing research and analysis to identify required updates and additions to the programme curriculum
- Provide information to assist with the implementation and maintenance of accreditation with various quality assurance bodies and professional bodies
- A combination of analysis and reporting as well as hands-on application in order to ensure alignment to industry standards and academic relevance
- Conduct reviews and updates of all Accounting and Finance and Taxation programmes to ensure alignment to industry norms and identify areas where current provision needs revision or improvement.
- Ensure programmes remain relevant to both local and international industry expectations and the quality of student experience is highly rewarding.
- Review and manage student academic performance.
- Promote multi-stakeholder engagement towards programme advancement.
- Advocate for, promote, and advance the institution's Accounting education offerings to industry.
- Provide academic support, consultation, and guidance to students.as required.
- A Master’s degree in the relevant discipline
- Affiliation to Professional Body relating to Finance, Accounting, Taxation and or Risk Management
- Advance computer literacy
- At least 3 years’ lecturing experience in a similar higher education role at a tertiary institution
- 3 years’ experience in industry
- Demonstrate research engagement over the last 3 years.
- Commercial or industrial related experience (minimum 3 year).
- Demonstrate innovative thinking towards teaching and learning skills.
RELATED KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Candidates must be familiar with higher, distance and online education.
- Demonstrated capability to lecture, conduct webinars at tertiary level in an effective manner in the core courses stipulated at the highest academic level.
- Up-to-date knowledge of curriculum areas being taught at the highest academic level.
- Demonstrated capacity to design set and evaluate assessments at the appropriate level for the relevant modules.
- Ongoing communication and feedback to students, team members and programme manager.
- High level of communication skills in verbal, written and electronic modes.
- Proven high-level administrative abilities.
- Possess sufficient breadth or depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop teaching and/or research programmes and the provision of learning support.
- Use a range of delivery techniques.
- Candidates must display familiarity with the use of learning management systems.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of the South African Higher Education Regulatory Framework.
- Curriculum and Programme content research, instructional design and development for online learning, and internal moderation.
- Assessment design, development, moderation and implementation.
- Student support and relationship management, effective and disciplined self-management, problem solving and creativity, critical thinking, and decision-making abilities.
- Candidates are expected to comply with pre-determined periods and deadlines.
- Candidates must present themselves confidently and demonstrate professionalism.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet and Email)
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Possess a high level of ethics and confidentiality.