Senior Research Associate
- Overseeing and implementation of the relevant aspects of the academic research strategy.
- Oversee the operations of the Academic Publishing Unit (APU) and the performance of the APU administrator. Management and accreditation of the Journal of Management and Administration (JMA).
- Oversee the Research Academy and other related research support activities.
- Oversee the quality and quantity of research produced, and published.
- Advice and guide academics on the publication of research output through recognized platforms.
- Develop collaborations and partnerships to enhance academic research at the institution.
- Manage the administration of the academic research incentive fund.
- Stakeholder engagement and management, including editors, publishers, and other service providers.
- Manage and build a pool of vendors and editors.
- Conceptualize, manage and deliver on local and international research events.
- Participate in the design, planning and delivery of doctoral programmes, with focus on research.
- Participate in the review, regulatory requirements and assessment processes of programmes.
- Participate in committee structures, as deemed necessary by the Senior Manager: Research.
- Contribute to and participate in selected activities of the Research Directorate.
- Report writing.
- Doctoral degree
- Preferable: Specialisation in business, administration, management, commerce, education, or in cognate fields
- Record of research output
- Track record of research facilitation/academic writing
- Some involvement and/or exposure to journal management / governance / production
- Research in field of specialisation and expertise
- Successful staff and student support research interventions and measures at a doctoral level
- Effective post-graduate supervision policies, programmes and models
- The research processes in the doctoral thesis and manuscript production
- Developing rapport with staff and doctoral students for effective research and publication facilitation
- Communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Research acumen
- Initiative taking
- Computer-based data analysis skills
- Able to attend weekend workshops to provide support to doctoral candidates/ research staff.
- Able to travel on a regular basis to MANCOSA learning Centres.