Student Support Consultant
Listing reference: manco_000386
Listing status: Under Review
Apply by: 1 June 2023
Industry: Education & Training
Job category: Education and Training
Location: Kwazulu Natal
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
EE position: Yes
MANCOSA, a DHET registered and CHE accredited private higher education distance education provider, offering undergraduate and postgraduate business qualifications, has the following vacancy available. STUDENT SUPPORT CONSULTANT - DURBAN CORE PURPOSE The core purpose of the job is to provide efficient service to students within the departmental service level agreements and according to institutional rules to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
Improve response rates by:
- Efficiently navigating the Student helpdesk system and action tickets according to priority to ensure that the 36 hour resolution SLA is achieved
- Ensure that there is a first time response within 4 hours via telephone call to all students who log a ticket
- Assist walk-in students timeously and resolve the query or provide a timeframe for feedback
- Proactively evaluate ticket peaks to mitigate risks associated with influx of tickets
- Propose system amendments and suggestions for process improvement to achieve operational efficiency
Ensure service focus by:
§ Conduct thorough investigation of student queries to provide comprehensive feedback and ensure that notes are added to the customer relationship management system
§ Communicate institutional policies and procedures to students and other relevant stakeholders through regular engagements with students and staff alike.
§ Maintain service level ratings as per the service standard of 80% satisfied students on written and telephonic interactions
§ Conduct follow-ups on queries and complaints emanating from the customer satisfaction surveys.
§ Maintain professionalism in dealing with students through representation of the organisational service culture and commitment to quality.
§ Be aware of updated information as shared by the relevant stakeholders and managers within the Student Services Department
§ Alert the line manager to any possible areas of concern or complaints received via the Student Helpdesk platform
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Relevant computer applications Certificates and or Call Centre system training would be an advantage
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a customer service related environment and a minimum of one (1) year in a sales environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Internet and Email)
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Possess an ability to adopt and solve problems
· Must be able to make sound judgement under pressure
· Deadline driven
· Negotiation skills
· Stress tolerance
· High energy level
· Experience with help desk support would be an added advantage
· Must be able to work weekends and overtime when necessary.