Supply Chain Management Specialist
20 May 2022
Industry: Education & Training
Job category: Others: Education and Training
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
EE position: Yes
MANCOSA, a DHET registered and CHE accredited private Higher Education distance provider, offering Undergraduate and Postgraduate qualifications, has/have the following vacancy/vacancies available: Supply Chain Management Specialist
To provide Academic Leadership, Strategic insights of the sector and overall Programme Quality Management across a range of Undergraduate/Postgraduate education programmes.
Core Functions and Job Role
- The successful candidate will be appointed in a Senior position to ensure overall academic management of the supply chain programmes
- Ongoing research and analysis to identify required updates and additions to the programme curriculum
- Provide information to assist with the implementation and maintenance of accreditation with various quality assurance bodies and professional bodies
- A combination of analysis and reporting as well as hands-on application in order to ensure alignment to industry standards and academic relevance
- Conduct reviews and updates of all supply chain programmes to ensure alignment to industry norms
- Ensure programmes remain relevant to both local and international industry expectations and the quality of student experience is highly rewarding
- Review and manage student academic performance
- Promote multi stakeholder engagement towards programme advancement
- Advocate, promote and advance the institutions Supply Chain Management education offerings to industry.
- Responsible for design, development and maintenance of teaching and learning material
- MCom in Supply Chain (Master of Commerce in Supply Chain)
- BCom Honours in Supply Chain Management (Postgraduate degree)
- Advance computer literacy
- 5 years experience in academia and industry
- Demonstrate research engagement over the last 3 years
- Commercial or industrial related experience (minimum 3 year)
- Demonstrate innovative thinking towards teaching and learning skills
Related Knowledge, Competencies and Skills:
- Candidates must be familiar with higher, distance and online education.
- Candidates must display familiarity with the use of learning management systems.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of the South African Higher Education Regulatory Framework.
-Curriculum and Programme content research, instructional design and development for online learning, and internal moderation.
-Assessment design, development, moderation and implementation.
-Student support and relationship management, effective and disciplined self-management, problem solving and creativity, critical thinking, and decision-making abilities.
-Subject matter expertise in Supply Chain Management
- Candidates are expected to comply with pre-determined time frames and deadlines.
- Candidates must present themselves confidently, and demonstrate professionalism.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Internet and Email)
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Possess a high level of ethics and confidentiality