The Management College of Southern Africa (MANCOSA), a DHET registered and CHE accredited private higher education distance education provider, offering undergraduate and postgraduate business qualifications The I.T Network Administrator must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of network infrastructure and network hardware. The I.T Network Administrator will also need to be able to implement, administer and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocol is highly desired.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware and configurations
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required
- Protecting data, software and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software and other networks and system problems
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required
- Maintaining, configuring and monitoring virus protection software and email applications
- Monitoring and network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made
- Conferring with network users about solving existing problems
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems (G-Suite, Anti- Virus portal)
- Coordinating computer network access and use
- Designing, configuring and testing network networking software, computer hardware and operating system software
- Grade 12
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology
- 3 Years’ experience in an I.T field
- Aruba wireless and switching.
- Excellent security skills.
- Voice over IP (VoIP).
- OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP)
- IP addressing and subnetting.
- Sound VLAN knowledge and configuration.
- Cloud network integration experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft Windows support and installation 4 years
- Peripheral Support
- Service quality orientated
- Process and process driven
- Patient and diplomatic
- Customer focused
- Ability to follow instructions
- Team Player
- Must be available during weekends and after hours to attend to urgent IT issues that arise